Monday, September 18, 2006

Gobble gobble

This morning had been a very long morning. Brayden whined at the drop of a hat and set out to torture me with his "singing abilities and lung capacity" this morning. We attempted to go on a walk and it started raining right as we hit the driveway. I had a check to cash so we settled on an errand to the bank. Outings always seem to revive my sanity.
Anyway, after we got home, I started making lunch. Brayden was having grilled cheese and peaches. Typically, I make grilled turkey and cheese when we have "grilled sandwiches" but for some reason, I skipped over that ingredient today... (It may have been because total sanity had not yet returned and I was just trying to get lunch over with and proceed to nap time!) So Brayden sits down to eat and I am in the door to the pantry looking for crackers to eat with my salad. Brayden looks at me and says "Tookie mommy?" Because we have had such the pleasant day already and I'm already at the end of my "patience" robe, I respond,
"No Brayden, no cookies until after lunch" in the shortest tone possible (Poor kid). He looks at me again confused and says,
"Toookie?"
"No Brayden!" I respond and am getting angry
"no mommy, toookkkkiiiiieeee"
"Brayden, NO cookies, now eat your lunch!"
This continues for several more times.
Brayden gets a even more puzzled look on his face and then one of sheer thought. He then exclaims,
"no mommy, gobble gobble!"
"Ooooooooh, TURKEY!" (This is where the "oh bad mom" thoughts come in)
We laughed together and I told him how proud of him I was for coming up with a different way to communicate to me what he wanted when I didn't understand him. Smart boy. Proud mom.
Now, he's napping and everything is right with the world again.

No comments: